Electronic Development, Webasto Thermo & Comfort
Fenton, United States
Job Description + Project Summary:
Position will be responsible for development and design of HVAC solutions for a variety of vehicles. Aftermarket and OE customers. Main focus on medium duty trucks, off-highway machines and military vehicle. Develop transport refrigeration applications for medium duty trucks, using Webasto standard product.
Understand, define and summarize customer requirements. Calculate and simulate potential solutions. Develop generic and customer specific application solutions. Install complete systems at Webasto and at customer site. System testing. Documentation of system (Drawings, BOMs, schematics, reports, etc.)
Responsible for Webasto's standard HVAC - and refrigeration systems and components. Responsibility could be increased to perform similar duties on the fuel operated heater (FOH) segment.
The ability to interact professionally with customers and staff members in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial in his role. Written and verbal communication skills coupled with a strong sense fro creative application design aptitude, prioritizing work an attention to detail are equally important.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Interact with customers by developing application solutions for specific vehicles.
2. Interact extensively with global supplier base to provide HVAC/transport refrigeration application solutions.
3. Work with customer to assess their application design requirements. Define the specifications, products and accessories to fulfill the agree requirements.
4. Based on agreed customer requirements, develop the scope of application delivery.
5. Prepare all documentation necessary for production as well as customer support. (Drawings, BOM, schematics, installation instructions etc.)
1. BSME, Mechanical Engineering
2. Major: Refrigeration Engineering, Thermodynamics, Control Engineering, Design
3. Familiarity with aftermarket and OE automotive / medium / heavy duty truck air conditioning systems and components (split systems, integrated, rooftop, air duct systems, condensers, compressors, etc.)
4. MS Office (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
5. 5-10 years' experience in Heavy/Medium Truck industry as Applications Engineer, Heating & Cooling with customer direct experience related to HVAC or similar.
6. Knowledge of AM HVAC systems and transport refrigeration systems required
7. CATIA V5 Version 18 or 19 preferred
Knowledge + Proficiency of:
The following knowledge, skills and proficiencies are desired:
1. Engineering and design of systems and components for heavy/medium duty trucks
2. Working knowledge of heating and cooling component and systems
3. Working knowledge of electronic controls and operating systems
4. Working knowledge of AC thermodynamics, CFD, heat load calculation programs
5. Customer Interface
6. Capable of direct customer interface and support to specify heating and cooling systems and components with rudimentary inputs from the customer and
7. Prototype installation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, work is primarily performed in both indoor and outdoor customer settings with extended periods at customer location, or t a computer, on the telephone, sitting or standing. Outdoor working conditions will be subject to external environment in which the employee working. Employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; it; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds in order to move, lift and carry tools, products and materials. Employee will be working in confined and tight spaces and must have physical ability to have full working motion (above head, below feet, crouching, extending, etc.)
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Basic communication skills such as talking, seeing, and hearing are needed for frequent person-to-person contacts, and telephone usage.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perfom essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions as stated above. The nature of the work as frequent interruptions; contact with the public and clients requires strong communication skills. May be required to work beyond normal working hours and job requires 10-20% travel.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but could be extensive based on customer location.
How to Apply?
If you like to apply for this position, you must submit and return a completed resume to Human Resources NO LATER THAN 5:00 PM on MAY 17th, 2016.
If you have any further questions regarding this job vacancy, please see Human Resources.