Electronic Development, Webasto Roof & Components
Rochester, United States
Bachelor's degree in Engineering and/or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
Required Work Experience:
5-Years of engineering related experience in an Automotive Manufacturing environment.
- BS in Engineering and /or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- 5-Years of engineering related experience in an Automotive Manufacturing environment, with experience being a series manufacturing engineer preferred.
- Knowledge of Automotive Quality Standards, (TS 16949 and ISO 14001) preferred.
- Strong communication/leadership skills and ability to manage within a collaborative team atmosphere.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, AutoCAD preferred.
- Solid record of accomplishments/achievements throughout employment career.
- Work performed in manufacturing environment and requires strict adherence to safety policies and procedures.
- Knowledge in the application of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, DOE, 5S, Poka-yoke.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the production preparation activity for WRS-AM Irapuato.
- Provide appropriate input into design and process validation.
- Develop manufacturing processes which allow cost effective, quality products to be built (e.g Process Flow, PFMEA, Manufacturing Plans, Cost Tables for tooling and components).
- Responsible to develop systems that adhere to the Webasto standards related to Manufacturing & Assembly Equipment, Tooling, Inspection and production Processes.
- Provides technical and administrative support to the Product Development Team (PDT), to ensure customer and company quality standards are achieved.
- Develops and implements systems to ensure products comply with customer quality standards and contractual quantities.
- Generate manufacturing budget forecasts at prescribed intervals and monitors performance to ensure acceptable cost performance.
- Develops, publishes, and maintains all applicable procedures for all operator functions.
- Prepare RFQ packages for equipment / tooling and reviews quotations for assembly and production.
- Facilitate improvements workshops.
- Actively participate in all project and PDT meetings.
- Lead stress testing activities and run-at-rate customer gates.
- Organize and lead PFMEA workshops.
- Contribute to 8D and 5S activities.
- Ensure flawless launch through the continuous improvement of the process and providing clear and updated process documentation.